Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so – for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We do not offer an open registration on our website. The system will automatically create an account for you once the purchase is done. In this case, you will be able to access a dashboard page where you can download the product files. The information (name and email address) for account creation is taken from the purchase form.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with our support team via emails or/and public forums.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Information from Cookies & Other Technologies: A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. Cookies are small text files, stored by your browser on your computer. You can delete these cookies at any time.
- Log Information: The provider of these internet pages automatically gathers and stores information in so-called server log files. These data are automatically transmitted by your browser to our provider’s server. These data cannot be attributed to specific individuals. We do not merge this data with other sources. We reserve the right to retrospectively check the data if there is any indication of illegal use.
How We Use Information
- To provide our Services – for example, to set up and maintain your account, or charge you for any of our paid Services/Products;
- To further develop our Services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Themes Harbor and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Themes Harbor and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Themes Harbor and Services;
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers).
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Themes Harbor, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. In using encrypted communication, any bank details, which you submit to us, cannot be read by third parties.
Other Things You Should Know
This website uses WordPress.com Stats functionality for analytic purposes:
- Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
We use Stripe as a payment processor. During checkout, a client will provide credit card info. These are all stored in the Stripe site.
For the design of our website, we use Adobe’s Typekit service. The purpose and, at the same time, our legitimate interest in using Typekit is to be able to use certain fonts. As part of providing the Typekit service, no cookies are placed or used to provide the font. The following information is collected by Adobe to provide the Typekit service: fonts provided, set ID, account id, service providing the fonts, application requesting the fonts, server providing the fonts, hostname of the page the fonts are loaded.
Third Party Software
If you’d like to use third party software like plugins with our Services, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third party software.
Social Media Platforms and Widgets/Links to Third-Party Websites